Mehran / Sinis
- Grouper “Ruins” Yellowelectric / Kranky
- HTRK “Psychic 9-5 Club” Ghostly International
- Warm Hands “Blurred” SINIS (this would be here even if I had nothing to do with it)
- Sons of Magdalene “Move To Pain” Audraglint
- Broken English Club / Silent Servant “Violence & Divinity” Cititrax
- Marshstepper “A New Sacrament Of Penance” Downwards
- Otto A. Totland “Pino” Sonic Pieces
- I Break Horses “Chiaroscuro” Bella Union
- Iceage “Plowing Into The Fields of Love” Matador
- Wrangler “L.A. Spark” Meme Tune
- Clap! Clap! Tayi Bebba (black acre)
- AL-90, SCR (reckno)
- Martyn, the Air Between Words (ninja tune)
- Throwing Snow, Mosaic (houndstooth)
- Bing + Ruth, Tomorrow was the Golden Age (rvng int.)
- Loscil, Sea Island (kranky)
- AWVFTS, Atomos (kranky)
- Grouper, Ruins (yellowelectric/kranky)
- Jon Hopkins, We Disappear (domino)
- Millie + Andrea, Drop the Vowels (modern love)
- Answer Code Request, Code (ostgut)
- Floating Points, Nuits Sonores (eglo)
- Koze, Reincarnation II (pampa)
- Christian Löffler, Young Alaska (ki)
- Andy Stott, Faith in Strangers (modern love)
- Arca, Xen (mute)
- Gidge, Autumn Bells (atomnation)
- Jamie xx, Girl/Sleep Sounds and All Under One Roof Raving (young turks)
- Ninos du Brasil, Novos Mistérios (hospital productions)
- Lee Gamble, KOCH (pan)
- Greg Gives Peter Space (erased tapes)
1. Ben Frost "AURORA"
2. Caribou "Our Love"
3. Otto Totland "Pino"
4. Loscil "Sea Island"
5. Grouper "Ruins"
6. Gabriel Saloman "Movement Building Vol 1"
7. Hildur Gudnadottir "Saman"
8. Throwing Snow "Mosaic"
9. Arca "Xen"
10. The Bug "Angels & Devils"
1) Run The Jewels – RTJ2
2) Taylor McFerrin – Early Riser
3) MadGibbs – Piñata
4) Flying Lotus – You’re Dead!
5) YG – My Krazy Life
6) Open Mike Eagle – Dark Comedy
7) Big KRIT - Cadillactica
8) The Bug – Angels and Devils
9) Shabazz Palaces – Lese Majesty
10) DJ Quik – Midnight Life
Evan / Notice Recordings
Michael Pisaro / Matthew Sullivan - Split
Anne Guthrie – Codiaeum Variegatum
Coppice - Vantage/Cordoned
Deaf Center - Recount
Maar - Ceto
Katherine Young - Diligence Is to Magic As Progress Is to Flight (highly recommended new composer !!)
Chis Strickland - Animal Expert
Jason Lescalleet - Much To My Demise
Lee Gamble - Koch
Mary Halvorson - Thumbscrew
FKA twigs - LP1
Appleblim & Komon - Jupiter
Young Thug/A$AP Ferg/Freddie Gibbs - "Old English"
Sia - "Chandelier"
Ariana Grande - "Break Free"
Jasmine / Haste
Caribou "our love"
Loscil "sea islands"
Derek / Foreign Films
1. Otto A Totland - Pino
2. Ben Frost - A U R O R A
3. A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Atomos
4. Christina Vantzou - No. 2
5. Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata
6. Peter Broderick + Gabriel Saloman
7. Hildur Guðnadóttir - Saman
8. Clark - Clark
9. Rival Consoles - Sonne
10. Anja Lechner and François Couturier - Moderato Cantabile
These aren't really in order with the exception of Gordon's album which I think is my favorite of the year. Also, it's worth noting that Sige Records has three of my favorites coming from their catalog... easily one of the most underrated experimental music labels (or Metal labels depending on yr bias) going at the moment.
1. Gorden Ashworth - S.T.L.A. (Ordinal)
2. Mammifer - Statu Nascendi (Sige Records)
3. Garek Druss - Music For The Celestial Din (Debacle Records)
4. Black Hat - Thought Of Two (Hausu Mountain Records)
5. Grouper - Ruins (Kranky)
6. Old Man Gloom - The Ape Of God (Sige Records)
7. Common Eider King Eider - Taaleg Uksur (Pensanta Urfolk)
8. Andy Stott - Faith In Strangers (Modern Love)
9. Death Blues - Ensemble (Sige Records)
10. D'Angelo - Black Messiah
Top Ten Live
Almost all of these shows were in Vancouver or the Pacific Northwest, but then I don't get out to shows much anymore.
1. The Bug with Flowdan - raining bass... unbelievable. Even when the club turned them down it was ferocious.
2. Felicia Atkinson - toured with Felicia (je suis le petit chavelier) through Switzerland. Totally amazing every night.
3. Whip of the UFO - He's great everytime I've seen him play but particularly at Big Joy Festival 2014. Most under-acknowledged noise artist in Vancouver and the most consistently fucking great.
4. Big Joy Festival - I could fill this list with people like the Rita, Holzkopf, prOphecy Sun and so on who also performed great sets but it's easier to just say the whole festival was really fantastic.
5. William Fried - his performance of Tristan Murail's Territoires de l'oubli at Vancouver New Music's Sonic Topographies Festival was awe inspiring. I don't give standing ovations unless I have to.
6. Common Eider King Eider - at the totally killer Debacle Festival in Seattle. I was a fan to begin with but live it was crushing and heart breaking.
7. Sumac - Some unbelievably progressive heavy music from members of Isis, Botch and Baptists. The first really "new" sound I've heard from a rock band in a long while.
8. Empty Set - too. much. bass. Great live visuals.
9. Father Murphy - Italian weirdness and fantastic song writing.
10. Shout Back! Festival - queers, fags, ladies, punks, (A), diy, awesome.